How to Get to Sleep | Things to Help You Sleep
Sleep is an important aspect of daily life. One cannot survive without it for long periods and a minimum of 6 hours is required for the proper functioning of the body. Many of you may find it hard to go to sleep at nights thus getting up and feeling tired the next day. You may have wondered how to get to sleep quickly to ensure that the next day you get up feeling fresh with lots of energy. In the following paragraphs you will find the answer on how to get to sleep and things to help you sleep.
Answer to the question “how to get to sleep quickly?”
When you ask a sleep specialist or doctor how to get to sleep quickly, a variety of methods and cures will be given. Every human being is different and thus all the methods may not work for you. You should try the various methods to find the perfect fit based on choice and preference.
- Sleep Hygiene: Sleep hygiene is simply the environmental and behavioural factors that control sleep in humans. If your sleep hygiene is high then getting a goodnights sleep is very easy. Given below are the steps to increase sleep hygiene:
- Food: Ensure that a minimum of 3 hours gap is given before sleeping
How to get to sleep? Hopefully once you learn from this article you will sleep peacefully like this woman
and a meal. Also make sure to avoid proteins and eat more of carbohydrates, fats and milk based drinks for dinner. These foods contain tryptophan a compound which is required by the body to facilitate sleep.
- Exercise: Make sure to get at least an hour of exercise a day during the daytime this will ensure that you have high energy during the day, sleepy at night. Additionally make sure not to exercise 3 hours before going to bed.
- Daytime Naps: Avoid sleeping during the day, this will make you feel tired and cause you to feel sleepy and drowsy at night.
- Stress: Stress and tension in any form will prevent peaceful sleep. You can try techniques such as meditation and yoga to reduce anxiety, stress and worry.
- Habit: One of the best answers to the question how to get to sleep quickly is to make sleeping a habit. If you can sleep at the same time and wake up at the same time for a period of three weeks, sleeping will become a habit.
- Comfort: Make sure to wear comfortable clothing, find the perfect position on the bed to sleep peacefully.
- Distractions: Do not watch TV or use the computer and avoid other such distractions for a minimum of 1 hour before sleeping.
- Sleep Space Preparation: The area where you sleep is very important to achieve quality and peaceful sleep. The following factors should be considered in the sleep area:
- Mattress: Choose a bed that will provide you with the best comfort. Whether it is soft, hard or a mixture of both, purchase the best quality mattress because it has a huge impact on the quality of sleep.
- Room Temperature: Set the air conditioner to the perfect temperature that you like. The optimum temperature level is 16⁰C-18 ⁰C.
- Surrounding Noise: Close all doors, windows of the room and consider soundproofing if required. Also ask family members to lower their sounds at night.
- Lighting: Off all lights and make sure that the room is completely dark to sleep faster.
Now that the question how to get to sleep has been answered. Let us take a look at the things to help you sleep.
The Marpac SleepMate 980A device to help you sleep as seen on Amazon
Various things to help you sleep:
You can find a variety of things to help you sleep peacefully and things to induce sleep. Some of them are:
- A cup of warm milk or tea with honey right before bed.
- Foam Ear Plugs: If surrounding noise is a problem, then foam ear plugs are a cheap and easy option. They can be bought from anywhere and they will lower the noise levels of the environment.
- Eye Masks: These will cut all lights by covering your eyes, thus even in a brightly lit room you can sleep in darkness.
- Bath: A warm and relaxing bath will surely make you drowsy and induce sleep.
- Sound Conditioners: These are electronic devices that will create their own sound to mask all other unwanted sounds. These devices will drown all the other sounds or at the least will filter the sounds to lower their level. Thus a peaceful surrounding environment will ensue.
- Sleeping Pills: As a last and worst case scenario, you can contact you doctor for a prescription for sleeping pills.
Marpac SleepMate 980A is one such sound conditioner which you can purchase to create a peaceful surrounding.
A REVIEW of Marpac SleepMate 980A:
Graph made from REVIEWS of Marpac SleepMate 980A on Amazon
Marpac SleepMate 980A is a sleep conditioner that creates a smooth and consistent sound of rushing air that drowns out all surrounding noise thereby creating a peaceful and quite surrounding.
In Amazon, the Marpac SleepMate 980A has gotten great reviews from the majority of people who have used it. Of the 1100 reviews only a hundred are below 3 stars, the rest 1000 are all above with 988 people giving it a 5 star rating!
From my research I have come to the conclusion that everyone found the product to reduce the ambient noise of the surrounding but some people found the noise made by the machine itself to be annoying and this was the reason for the bad reviews. But the majority had no problem with the noise, so I would advise trying the product and then deciding. It is worth taking the risk since good quality peaceful sleep is a necessity for good health.
Hopefully this article gave you a thorough answer on how to get to sleep quickly – happy sleeping!
Matched Links from Dolyan Sites / Google