Insomnia Treatment Methods
A good combination of herbal, pharmaceutical treatments and behavioural changes like meditation, and hypnosis can help you to cure insomnia. Even paying a little attention to sleep hygiene can relatively ease your tension. To get the sleep you need, you can start by following these useful insomnia treatment methods.
Herbal Treatment for Insomnia
Insomnia Treatment Methods Image 1 Herbs
Herbal treatments are always there for insomnia patients. A lot of people rely on herbal medicines and mineral treatments, rather than consulting doctors and therapists. Even scientists do believe that herbal treatments can cure this sleep disorder at large. The power of vitamins, ginseng or Linden has the efficiency to treat insomnia.
Herbal remedies are natural and can help you to narrow down the neurotransmitter imbalance. Famous herbs for insomnia treatment which most herbalists recommend are as follow:
- Wild lettuce
- Passion flower
- Humulus lupulus
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Insomnia Treatment Methods Image 2
Your beliefs, outside factors and behaviour can develop good sleeping habits. In simple words, Cognitive behavioural therapy teaches you how to improve your sleep and avoid the key factors which may stop you to fall asleep. CBT is a “non-drug” insomnia treatment and works very well without any possible side effect. CBT can change the unhelpful and strange thoughts and behaviours. This unique therapy involves:
- Sleep education
- Cognitive control Psychotherapy
- Sleep restriction
- Stimulus control therapy
- Sleep hygiene
- Relaxation training
Sleep Hygiene Is One of the Best Non-Chemical Insomnia Treatment Methods
Maintaining a regular and a constant sleeping schedule is not so hard. There are different things which can help you to deepen your sleep.
- First of all you have to keep your room temperature at a very moderate level. It shouldn’t be too cold or too warm. Excessive heat or cold can disturb you while you are in the bed. If
- You must give up your drinking habits. Avoid a regular intake of alcohol, especially before your bed time. If you believe that alcohol will help you to fall asleep then you are definitely wrong, as alcohol level fell down after some hours and to minimize late night tips to your washroom, avoid drinks and beverages before bed time.
- Your bedroom should be used only for sleep or your sexual needs. Avoid sitting on your bed all the time or using it for reading books and chatting.
- You have to fix a proper bed time and never compromise over it. Suppose if you sleep at 9PM then try to meet the deadline and finish all other pursuits to enjoy a restful sleep. Similarly, make sure you awake on a specific time.
These techniques consist of different therapies which carry different salient features and are exclusively related to a patient’s individual type sleep disorder. Each of these therapies has their own cons and pros. These psychotherapeutic therapies are:
- Stress reduction
- Self help
You Can Also Treat Insomnia through Diet
Insomnia Treatment Methods Image 3 Woman eating honey
Your dietary habits can influence your sleep. One of the insomnia treatment methods is being treated through appropriate diet. A little give and take can change your life and provide you a restful sleep.
Stop eating sweets, as sugar can easily cause uneven blood sugar level in human body. For insomnia patients it’s really painful to wake up at late nights. Your dietary habits can influence your sleep.
Snacks which are enriched with carbohydrates can help you to sleep well. Whole grain biscuits or crackers before bed time are a good option. Similarly, deficiency of magnesium can also lead you lack of sleep along with anxiety, pain and irritability.
Avoid over consumption of food you eat on daily base. A light meal can do well but over diet can easily interfere during your sleep time. If you have worse eating habits, then try to control this habit by avoiding heavy meals before your bed time. Excessive food and beverages before sleeping can interrupt you in odd hours.
I hope this “Insomnia Treatment Methods” article was helpful to you and throughout these informative article different methods for insomnia treatment have been brought into lime light, with particular attention to pharmacological, herbal and behavioral interventions.
Matched Links from Dolyan Sites / Google