Night Eating Syndrome
People who follow very strict diet during the day wherein they deprive themselves from eating right may lead them to develop habitual practice of binge eating during the night or even during early morning hours. Since people who adhere to very strict diet during the day are deprived from enough amounts of food and nutrients, they will tend to develop severe food cravings during the night, which will most likely cause their nightly and/or early morning hours binge eating practices. Nightly binge eating can be treated or managed through reprogramming yourself by eating right during the day, thus preventing severe food cravings during the night.
Tips to Manage Night Eating Syndrome
Night Eating Syndrome
Night eating syndrome can increase a person’s risk of developing sleep disorders, such as sleepwalking, insomnia and Nocturnal sleep-related eating disorders, diabetes mellitus and even gaining unhealthy weight. Here are some tips that can be done to help in managing or even totally getting rid of night eating syndrome.
- If you really want to be on a diet but do not want to have severe food cravings during the night, you can eat multiple small meals all throughout the day. By doing so, blood glucose levels will not fall or rise drastically, which can prevent you from getting hungry during the night.
- Coconut oil can help make one feel fuller faster when compared to other dietary oils. Making or cooking your food for dinner using coconut oil can help in preventing night eating syndrome.
- To help in combating severe food cravings during the night, drinking at least one glass of water every hour after dinner can be done. Drinking water can help you feel full and continuously feel satisfied.
- Instead of going to the kitchen at night when you have food cravings, why not try to do some activities like reading a book, making arts and crafts, or even answering puzzles? Immersing yourself in other activities instead of eating can really help in taking your mind off from nightly binge eating.
- Drinking hot beverages, such as tea decoctions during the night can help in suppressing the appetite, thus preventing severe food cravings during the night. However, you should also take note or remember that most tea decoctions contain caffeine. Drinking caffeinated beverages can most likely prevent a person from falling asleep at the right time during the night.
Matched Links from Dolyan Sites / Google