There are some things which you can do yourself to tackle the problem. These are:
– You can try using nasal strips, they seem to work very well for a lot of people. They can help battle snoring and nasal congestion.
Change The Position In Which You Sleep
-Change the position in which you sleep. Laying down on your back is not the best position for this, so try one of the sides. You can use pillows to help you remain in your position and not roll around.
– Changing your body from being completely flat on the bed to having the head slightly raised has helped some people.
– If you have gained extra weight or if you are generally overweight, this can cause trouble so you can take steps to reduce your weight significantly.
– Having a proper amount of sleep and rest can also help as some people have reported increased amount of snoring when more tired.
– Lastly, drinking sufficient amount of water helps keep you hydrated and prevents the drying out of mucous membranes.
That said, if it is a serious issue you should go see a doctor.