Light Therapy Lamp | Uplift Technologies DL930 Day-Light 10,000 Lux SAD Lamp REVIEW
In this article I will be reviewing the Uplift Technologies DL930 Day-Light 10,000 lux light therapy lamp, after providing the positives and negatives of this lamp I will also provide two alternatives.
Why Use the DL930 Day-Light Therapy Lamp?
Uplift Technologies DL930 Day-Light Image 1
During winter when the amount of natural sunlight is low, adverse reactions occur inside the human body. Because of these reactions, you may suffer from the following:
- Low energy levels
- Low mood
- Difficulty concentrating
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Increased sleep
- Loss of interest in activities which you once enjoyed
- Diminished sex drive
- Increased appetite and weight gain
All of the above conditions occur because of the body’s own hormones. Sunlight controls the release of hormones inside of the body. Subsequently these hormones control everything else. In winter when sunlight is low, the release of hormones gets hampered; this causes all of the above conditions.
The Uplift Technologies DL930 Day-Light 10,000 lux light therapy lamp emits light which resembles natural sunlight. This will trick your body into releasing the hormones which are required for proper functioning.
Features and Highlights of the DL930 Light Therapy Lamp
Uplift Technologies DL930 Day-Light Image 2
- Sturdy construction with a metal rod for support
- Light which is both bright and soothing
- Dual set up options: either wall hung or table top
- Light weight
- Very easy to set up
- Portable and easy to move around
- UV filtered light
- Flicker free
- Glare free
- Weights 6 pounds
- White light with a broad field of illumination
- Has a 10,000lux and 7000lux light emission setting
- Can also be used as a reading lamp, to provide ambient lighting
- This lamp works for SAD, jet lag and sleeping disorders
Now that you have a general view of the highlights and features of this lamp, let us take a look at how to make the best use of the DL930 Day-Light 10,000 lux light therapy lamp.
Instructions to Literally Bathe in Sunlight
The manufacturer recommends a usage of 30mins a day early in the morning after waking up. The optimal distance between your eyes and the light should be 20 inches and the light should be emitted with 10,000lux of power. While receiving the treatment you can take part in other activities such as reading, eating etc.
- Make sure you maintain a 20 inch distance between the screen and your eyes.
- Use it for 30 minutes after waking up in the morning.
- Make sure to use it at a setting of 10,000lux.
Uplift Technologies DL930 Day-Light Image 3
Uplift Technologies DL930 Day-Light Image 4
Extracts From Buyer Feedback from Amazon for the DL930 Day light therapy lamp
Uplift Technologies DL930 Day-Light Amazon buyer feedback chart
- “I felt the effects (of 30 minutes daily exposure in the morning, as directed) in less than a week… I have been completely free of depression, and full of energy ever since, three months and counting…”
- “I bought this lamp 2 weeks ago and I have been using it every day since… It is sturdy, super bright (think Mexico on a sunny day with no sunglasses), easy to use and does the trick of reducing the blahs from lack of sun here in Seattle… Improved mood-yes, decreased cravings for carbs.-yes, my body thinks it’s sunny all the time in Seattle-yes… It was worth every penny.”
- “I have been using my DL930 Day-light SAD lamp for about a month and I am extremely happy about how good I feel… I often awake before my alarm sounds, and feel ready to get up and start my day instead of repeatedly hitting the snooze button before finally forcing myself out of bed at the last possible minute… Co-workers have commented that I seem more cheerful… I feel I have more energy through-out the day and have been falling asleep more easily at night.”
- “This product is VERY affordable, light-weight, fairly portable, and can be used for multiple purposes… My issues are a little more complex than just straight seasonal affective disorder but it still plays a critical role in my treatment… It helps regulate my sleep-awake cycle, improves alertness, decreases depression, etc… I wish I had known about this a long time ago!”
- “I just ordered this a couple of weeks ago, and the light box came intact… All of the bulbs were fine… it was easy to put together… the stand was great for me… all seemed to be wonderful — until I used it. …For some reason, this unit emits the most offensive smell… I thought perhaps because it was new, so I gave it a couple of tries. Blech! It smells like burnt plastic or hot metal or something”
- “Purchased it for my wife as a Christmas gift and didn’t want to open it before I gave it to her as it was all wrapped up very neatly… Now I wish I had… She opened it, I assembled it, went to turn it on and the lamps wouldn’t light as they’re faulty… such a disappointment! Last time I’ll purchase something this expensive online.”
- “The device itself produces good illumination… but emits a strong toxic odor/fumes… I would only recommend using this device in well ventilated areas such as an open garage or porch area… Otherwise, repeated exposure to odor is a health hazard in my opinion.”
Final Verdict on the DL930 Day-Light 10,000 lux Light Therapy Lamp
I have researched using forums, feedback from buyers and the internet in general. I have found that the majority of people who have used this lamp love it. It works perfectly, is stylish, cheap, easy to set up and for most of the people it relieves the symptoms of SAD. By far the major negative points of this lamp are that a few people received faulty lamps where the light bulb was defective, for a few people the lamp emitted a very obnoxious odour when in use and it is not meant for portability. The first point is irrelevant since the lamp comes with warranty; it is also worth noting that most of the customers received good lamps in working condition. The second problem the offensive odour may be a problem, from my research I have come to the conclusion that this is again due to a faulty device, since the majority of customers found no such odour from their light therapy lamp.
However if you are looking for a portable light therapy lamp or a cheaper lamp then the Philips goLITE BLU Light Therapy Device and the NatureBright SunTouch Plus Light and Ion Therapy Lamp are good options worth your money.
Philips goLITE BLU Light Therapy Device Image 1
The Philips goLITE BLU Light Therapy Device-Small, Portable and Effective
This device is an all-rounder. It works perfectly, is small in size, has high efficacy, and is portable.
Its features are:
- It has a wide field of illumination
- This lamp uses advanced Bluewave technology for quick results in less time
- Clinical studies using this lamp have proved its efficacy
- No harmful UV rays emission and completely safe to use
- Money back guarantee of 45 day
- 2 years warranty.
The major negative of this lamp is its cost. For the portability you will be paying a premium.
Nature Bright SunTouch Plus Light and Ion Therapy Lamp Image 1
NatureBright SunTouch Plus Light and Ion Therapy Lamp-Cheap yet Effective
If cost of the lamp is your primary concern, then this lamp will be perfect for you. It is one of the cheapest models currently available in the market. Its features are:
- Uses both Light therapy and High density negative ion therapy
- Emits light equal to a power of 10000lux
- One of the cheapest models available in the market.
Other alternative light therapy lamp choices
Final words on the Light Therapy Lamps
I hope the Uplift Technologies DL930 Day-Light 10,000 Lux SAD Lamp Review was helpful to you as well as the two alternatives of Philips goLITE BLU Light Therapy Device, NatureBright SunTouch Plus Light and Ion Therapy Lamp. Feel free to go to Amazon and check out products yourself and read more of the reviews from the buyers.
Matched Links from Dolyan Sites / Google